How to start – the first IQRF design
To complete IQRF design, you actually need just the following:
One of IQRF development sets, e.g. DS-START-04 (see below) or DS-DPA-02
- Free IQRF Startup package unpacked and included IQRF IDE installed.
You can watch a couple of the first videos from IQRF Video tutorial set. About IQRF and How to are explained there.
Choose one of the two approaches:
- Under DPA - Using Hardware profiles under the DPA framework, mostly without programming (the higher application level). For network application this easier approach is highly recommended.
- Under OS - Programming TR tansceivers directly under OS, in C language (the lower application level).
From the Startup package, give attention primarily on the following documentation:
- IQRF DPA Framework Technical guide - exact DPA description included DPA protocol
- IQMESH Network Deployment Technical guide - How to implement IQRF network
- Custom handler examples - only when standalone HWP is not sufficient
- IQRF OS User's guide - description of IQRF operating system
- IQRF OS Reference guide - description of OS functions
- Code examples - demo application programs. Especially Basic examples are recommended at the very beginning.
For information related to hardware refer to the datasheet of given TR transceiver.